Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I'm an adult and I'm gonna post like one

I'm old. I think I'm technically ancient in the online world.

I refuse to post like a tween. I can type, and a few extra keystrokes aren't going to make my arthritis flare up.

I do not have a DH. I have a husband (who, like all husbands, sometimes just isn't that darling. No one is.) And I certainly don't BD or even baby dance. Just... ew. I have sex, damn it. And I don't need a blinkie to tell the world that fact.

A few blinkies can be cute (not in my signature, but whatever) and even informative (it can be good to know that someone else is also a fan of Grey's Anatomy). But holy crap, I think I'm going to develop epilepsy from a half-screen of blinking animated crap in the signature just one poster. Add scrolling to the mix, and that would be smoke you see coming from my eye sockets.

Alright, now that I've shown my age and curmudgeonliness (and aptitude for nonsense, based on that last word there), I'm going to go retreat into my Luddite cave with a book.

Edit, one hour later:
I'm slightly revising my position here. There are very helpful abbreviations. I don't mind TTC. It stands for what it is, it's not a cutesy euphemism. LOL, IRL, O... all of these are just the first letters of phrases that we all know and like. I like acronyms. I have nothing against that. Thanks for letting me clear that up. Do I have to add some sort of winky, blinky thing here so that you know I'm not so serious IRL?

No comments: