Tuesday, November 24, 2009

11w4d

It's our 3rd wedding anniversary today, and it's quite astonishing to think of all that we've been through already. I talked to a friend of ours who did 3 rounds of IVF and then decided to adopt (her son is adorable), and she said that when you go through IF it either welds you together or tears you apart.

It hasn't been easy, of course, but I think that's because we were in different stages at different times. When I felt like I was going to implode after the miscarriages, Martin wasn't in a place to understand it. Other times, he was frustrated and down and I was in suck-it-up-and-get-on-with-it mode. Yet through it all, we've managed to figure out how to be together even when we are worlds apart. When we are living on the same planet (which is most of the time now), there's only one word: bliss.

4 comments:

My gratitude journal said...

That's adorable... Put a smile on my face!

poppy.f.seed said...

happy anniversary!
and wow, almost 12 weeks, awesome

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!! The saying threes a crowd could never be so wrong for you today!

JewJewBee said...

Happy anniversary!!!