Friday, November 21, 2008

No BloPoMo

I was all geared up to do the NaBloPoMo, until my laptop crashed again. Thank you, Vista. Plugging in a scanner should not kill an operating system.

Anyhoodle.

I met with a therapist at our fertility clinic this week. It was good. I may go back when we start our frozen embryo cycle in January.

I think I'll be going a bit Amish until then. One of my favorite bloggers, Dooce, just announced that she's pregnant with her second, and two women from my IVF forum just found out that they are having twins. As much as I'm happy for them, it makes my situation harder for me to bear.

I missed fall this year. I love the fall. Instead of wandering over to the café opposite my house to sit under a blanket and sip a hot mulled wine, I huddled in front of the TV and gave myself an electronic lobotomy. It was the easier choice for me, although Mr Twinge might see it another way.

So now I'm going to enjoy the holidays. We fly to Denver tomorrow to visit friends and then we hit Chicago on Tuesday for a week and a half with my parents and sisters. (Yeah, now that I've told my family about the whole IVF thing, I'm not worried about outing myself here so I can tell you where I'm from.)

Maybe I'll be back in two weeks. Maybe not. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: