Friday, November 16, 2007

I've been away...

I've been working in another city for a few days, and I don't have internet there.

Just in case you were wondering what the big deal a few days ago was... I quit my job of 4 1/2 years. And my new boss is friends with my old boss. Which made quitting rather uncomfortable.

In any case, contractually I have to give notice for the end of the quarter (Dec. 31st) six weeks prior. But I have vacation starting Dec 17th... which means only four more weeks! And two of those involve long weekends!

So that's where I've been. I have a six month probationary period at the new place, so of course I had to tell them about the IVF. I can't continually be gone for appointments without them knowing why. It was odd to tell them and still not have told our families. Ah well, the bosses won't point to my *ahem* not-so-studious (i.e. not-so-sober) college days as the reason we are having trouble now.

No comments: