Thursday, September 20, 2007

Vacation Time!

Woohoo! We are flying on Saturday for some lovely sun, which is very important as this summer the weather here has suuuucked. Summer is not supposed to be sweater weather.

And I made it to the store yesterday to get yarn for the many baby blankets I'm preparing to make. (I crochet little one-color afghans as my standard baby gift.) The beer in my system (thanks to my friend Simon and his suggestion that we meet up at an Irish pub) didn't make me sleepy enough to hinder the blanket-starting process, but my husband did end up falling asleep next to me cuddling a ball of yarn instead of his sweet and attentive wife who went to the pub instead of staying home to take care of her poor husband with a bad cold. (Why did I not take a photo of that?)

And... I just got a notification that my books have arrived. Thank you, Amazon! My book club will be reading A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, but I didn't particularly care for the second half of The Kite Runner so that was a grudging purchase. My other books are much more intriguing to me: IVF: The Wayward Stork: What to Expect, Who to Expect It From, and Surviving It All and How to Get Pregnant: The Classic Guide to Overcoming Infertility. I really want to dig into these, but I think my husband would throw them into the ocean if I brought them along as my beach reads.

No comments: