Wednesday, October 28, 2009

7w5d

Still in the game. I was confident this morning, then a colleague brought her newborn to the office and I was sure the universe was going to punk me and show me what I couldn't have, then take it all away at the ultrasound appointment.

For now, the baby is fine. It's measuring 2 days behind, but that's not a big deal as there is always room for +/- a few days. The machines and the babies aren't that exact. My lovely doctor saw how freaked out I have been, so she brought me into another room and let me hear the heartbeat, something they don't usually do until 12-13 weeks. She also said that in normal circumstances, my next appointment should be in 4 weeks, but that she was willing to see me every week if that's what I want. I won't be quite that neurotic, but I will go back in 2 weeks instead of 4.

I can't quite exhale yet, but at least we are on our way. Thanks for all of the support - it really does help.

6 comments:

poppy.f.seed said...

wow, hearing the h/b, that is fantastic news!!!! I am so happy the baby is growing, and yes, 1-2 day measurement differences are so normal.
Sticky vibes!

My gratitude journal said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! I knew it!!! I'm so happy for you I could do a summersault right there in my office! Lol. Seriously, that's fantastic news and now you can start breathing again. Great that you'll see your doc in 2 weeks too! :)

JewJewBee said...

I am so thrilled to hear that things are looking/sounding good AND that your doctor is sympathetic enough to your situation to adjust the appointment schedule! Congrats, and have fun telling everyone at the party this weekend!

Me said...

I'm so glad you had a good appointment. Yay! Sorry about the co-worker, I totally get it! There is a time and place for everything...wish more people would understand that! Take care and enjoy the day!!!

Jules a.k.a. Julie said...

So glad you got good news!!! It sounds like you have an awesome doctor!

Jill M. said...

That is soooo great you got to hear the HB!!! The wait time between U/S is sometimes enough to drive you up the wall! That is great that you can come in more frequently. I had my 1st u/s yesterday at 6w1d and they said the next was at 18wks! I about died. But then they said come back in 2wks and then I was thrilled.