Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Germanness


Yeah, so we all know the stereotype about Germans liking their rules and regulations. If you come from the US, it's kinda true by comparison. Germans are well behaved and expect you to be, too. Most of the time, it's nice. And they don't always follow the rules; a quick glance at any public sidewalk clearly demonstrates the complete disregard for pooper-scooper rules.

But then, there are the sticklers. I hate the sticklers. I was bitched out tonight by a neighbor for taking the wrong fcking trash bags from the mailbox area. Yes, that's right - trash bags. We all get identical trash bags, one roll per apartment, all delivered on the same day. I picked up a roll, any roll, a single roll, without realizing that yes, in fact, there is a fcking procedure to the damn things. I picked up the wrong roll, while leaving my identical roll sitting there. Did you catch that? Identical. Trash bags. Angry yelling man.

No comments: